Commerce 1.2.0-pl is now available from our package provider.
The 1.2 series includes a whole bunch of new features, improvements and bug fixes compared to v1.1. Here are a few highlights:
- Completely refreshed dashboard with better metrics and charts
- Ability to add transactions via the order view, to reflect processed refunds or adjustments
- Validating UK VAT numbers with the HMRC database
- Marking status change actions as inactive to (temporarily) disable certain options
- Greatly improved cart performance for large orders (more than 10 different items) and various other under-the-hood improvements for performance and stability
- User address properties are now also copied to order addresses (i.e. VAT registration numbers and other custom properties)
- Various payment gateway improvements:
- Stripe: avoid double order processing with webhook, upgrade to v7 of the API client, improving error handling and various issues
- Mollie: include mini summary of the order in the metadata, show localised payment options
- Braintree: avoid double submits when processing on the client-side
- PHP8 compatibility (with MODX 2.8.2+)
- Context-specific lexicons now loaded when processing a status change or message in the dashboard
- Optionally export order items with the orders export
- More flexible tax conditions
The full changelog can be found here, listing all changes in each release candidate and the 1.2.0-pl release itself.
If you're still on 1.1.4 (or older), we strongly recommend upgrading on a test or staging environment first to make sure your shop still works as expected. It's a big update update (over a hundred fixes!) that may have adverse effects on some implementations. If you do run into any issues, we're of course happy to help.