Today we release MoreGallery 1.12. This release is, finally, compatible with both MODX 2.8 and 3.0.
If you're interested in reading how we accomplished cross-compatibility for a custom resource type, let us know below and we may do a separate blog post about the technical approach. While it turned out a fair bit more complex than simply doing different releases for 2.x and 3.x, it does allow us to work within current restrictions of our package provider and build processes to release a single version for both platforms.
This release is very heavily focused on MODX3 compatibility. Originally we planned a couple more features for 1.12, however as it was taking longer than expected to get the compatibility release out those have been pushed back to the next development cycle and feature release.
Here's the list of notable changes in 1.12.0:
- Add support for MODX3
- Adjust logic for changed file names to account for subtle changes in MODX3
- Add support for required tags by prefixing them with a plus sign in &tags in mgGetImages [#238]
- Prevent fatal error when alpacka is not installed
- Fix invalid custom fields property breaking the resource panel [S30836]
- Re-implement dynamic sizing of images in the resource gallery with flexbox to ensure a sufficient minimum width
- Update build tooling to more modern standards
- Now installs Alpacka from MODX.com (https://modx.com/extras/packag...) instead of modmore
- Update imagine/imagine dependency (1.2.4 => 1.3.2), including PHP 8.1 support
If you experience any issues with this release after a 3.0 update, please let us know!