In the interest of transparency and following along with last years' very detailed report, here's a quick rundown of the financials for the Berlin meetup we hosted with SEDA.digital on June 17.
All amounts are inclusive of VAT (either 19% or 21%) and rounded for simplicity.
- 36 sold tickets: €1.012
- Sponsoring: €2.567
- Total: €3.579
- Base rent: €475
- Open bar (drinks sales guarantee, i.e. minimum spend): €1.424
- Welcome cookies, fingerfood buffet, catering fee: €1.365
- Streaming camera upgrade: €369
- Misc stream related expenses, projector rent: €245
- Lanyards and name badges: €138
- Total: €4.016, or approx €111 per person based on 36 people.
That brings the overall loss to €437, which is less than expected thanks to the sponsoring. The extra budget helped make some upgrades, so much thanks to the sponsors.
All the planning and organization work was done on volunteer basis by SEDA.digital and modmore. Personal expenses (hotel, travel, etc) and branding are also not included in the meetup budget, and all the other unlisted technical equipment used for the streaming and karaoke was pre-owned.